10 traits every man is looking for in a serious girlfriend.
1. Get a life of your own — and it’s pretty good to boot. Ladies, this means that you take care of yourself, pay attention to your personal style and find time to hang with your fabulous friends and family. Seek adventure by traveling. And take in life’s pleasures — from indulging in dessert to walking through the park on a sunny day. Don’t expect your boyfriend to be your entire existence. In other words, you’re not waiting for him to show up, so you can get your “real life” started.
2. Not to make the first move. You should never, ever pursue a man. Instead, you suggests waiting for the man to initiate and plan dates. If your always the one calling, you will never know if he is really interested in you or if your just convenient for him. You may find yourself questioning the relationship every step of the way. Men simply aren’t programmed to think like that and therefore are better suited to the chase.
3. Be sexy but not trampy. In the beginning of courtship, you should refrain from making any comments that are overtly sexual. You can flirt by using nonsexual touch like placing your hand on his forearm or even the knee but only briefly. When the relationship gets more serious, and presumably more intimate, sexual touch and public displays of affection are more appropriate. At this point, it’s okay to play footsie under the table.
4. Wait to have sex. Yes, the sexual revolution arrived long ago and few people expect a “pure white bride” nowadays. But sex is still a pretty big step for couples. Many women don’t even realize just how much sex changes the dynamics of a relationship. When women have sex, they release a hormone called oxytocin (also referred to as “the cuddle hormone”), which some scientific researchers believe makes women feel extra warm and fuzzy for their sex partners. Best advise,wait at least one month into the relationship before having sex with your new man.
5. Show only little things that you care. You should want to do the little things that let him know you care and you are paying attention to his individual needs. And he should do the same for you.
6. You should be your boyfriend’s best wingman — err, wing woman. Help him to look goodin front of the boss. Laugh at his jokes and help him shine when it is important. Of course, again, he should do the same for you.
7. Never turns on the pressure. This one is important. Men have a distinct aversion to any sort of pressure. Therefore, women should avoid calling and/or emailing him many times during the day or dropping hints about the future. In fact, keep the dreaded M-word (marriage) out of your vocabulary all together. “Men don’t want to constantly take the pulse of a relationship, they would rather just enjoy it.
8. Do not take any crap — from anyone. A good woman never accepts bad behavior. Guys respect women with whom they can’t get away with anything. If he knows there’s a penalty — like getting thrown to the curb — for a serious violation like cheating, he’ll respect you more, and he will be far less likely to do it. You should also never even bother to date married men, those who already have girlfriends or anyone who verbally or physically threatens or abuses you. Period.
9. A good woman always chooses a good man. Look for someone who is honest and dependable. Someone who will treat you right. If he says he is going to be somewhere, he is there. Chivalry is not dead, by the way. Good manners are a deeper window into what kind of man he truly is.
10. Love is the biggest part of the mating equation. Just how does a good woman know that she has found that crazy-for-you, toe-curling relationship? Women have an “a-ha” moment, while love simply sneaks up on the rest. Feelings includes a unique sense of comfort and acceptance and the feeling that someone else’s happiness is as important to you as your own. A certain amount of toe curling is key as well.